Wednesday 25 April 2012

Who are You!!!!

I know there is an 'About' section on the blog which is a short snapshot who I am (addcointoplay) but I wanted to compose a post giving you more gaming background of myself so you can see my credentials. Started gaming in the early 80's when my father bought me and my brother's a Dragon 32 home computer. According to my dad this shouldn't be used just for gaming, yeah right. I remember playing games like Chuckie Egg and Beserk constantly but don't feel that this was when a got hooked on gaming. That came later in the 80's when my eldest brother bought a second hand Commodore 64 with loads of games dirt cheap from a mate. I came home and there it was in all its beauty, this was the point I was dragged into the virtual world which I haven't been able to escape ever since. So after years of playing Bruce Lee, Bubble Booble, Microprose Soccer, Way of the Exploding Fist and many more classics I finally decided to upgrade to my beloved Commodore Amiga (still my fave to this day). My mate had one and I saw Xenon II then thought I must have one of these. I saved all my money and bought my Amiga 500+ then promptly played it to death. Next was not one of my finest, I bought a CD32, yes I know before anyone says but still enjoyed games such as Roadkill. By this time the SNES was firmly placed in the market and again one game made me buy this console, that was the great NBA Jam TE. I loved the SNES and still think the controller for this machine is still the best layout and iconic looking. The next to console buys were again influenced by two games (can you see the trend), the first was Virtua Cop for the Sega Saturn and then House of the Dead 2 for the Sega Dreamcast. The latter was such a good console as everyone knows but just lacked games and support from Sega. Then I bought the consoles from the two biggest names currently in modern day gaming. I had a PS1, PS2, Xbox and also an Xbox 360 but I can't really remember in which order other than the 360 came last. I have always played retro games even when I had my 360 but never really concentrated on them. But it didn't end there, I always said that I wouldn't hand cash over for an over-priced PS3 but luckily my wife bought me one as I have always been a Sony lover. SO WHY DO YOU PLAY RETRO NOW THEN????? I love all gaming but old games come with so my memories which I enjoy revisiting as I had a very good childhood. My parents worked hard for everything and made us all appreciate what we have or been given. Add this to the fact that I have had 3 PS3's which have all broken and finally thought I can't be bothered shelling money out on things that just don't work. The more I play retro games and get immersed into the community, the more I get hooked. This is probably why I started the blog as I want to get involved with other retro gamers, get involved in a good community and also share my stories, opinions and experinces.

No comments:

Post a Comment